As the population of our county grows, so does the work of the Caroline County Humane Society. While we receive a significant portion of our operating budget from the Caroline County government, we must also raise approximately 1/2 of our operating budget through donations and fundraisers simply to make ends meet. This is quite a sizeable amount!
Mail your check to CCHS, 407 West Bell Street, Ridgely MD 21660. Be sure to note how you wish your money to be used.
While you are at the store picking up a few things for your family or your own pets, why not pick up some items to donate to the shelter? Here’s a list of some of the items we use on a continual basis: Wish List
Please consider donating to one of several funds:
- General Fund – This money is used to keep the doors of our shelter open. It covers all of our day to day operating expenses necessary to keep the shelter running and functional.
- Animal Care Fund – This money is used strictly for the care of injured or sick animals that come to our shelter. Without this fund, we would not be able to provide the needed veterinary care to save them. This covers catastrophic injuries and illnesses, as well as day to day veterinary expenses.
- Spay Neuter Fund – This money is made available to assist low/fixed income residents with assistance to have their dogs and/or cats spayed or neutered.
- Building Fund – This money will be used for future expansion of CCHS facilities.
- Memorial Donations – Charitable contributions to CCHS may be made “In Memory” of a special person or pet. If donating online using PayPal, after providing the donation amount and credit card/bank information, click “Please specify fund”, and you may type in: “In memory of……..” Additionally, you may type in the specific fund you wish your donation to be used toward.
New! The Good Shed consignment shop in Ridgely will donate 50% of the sales price to CCHS. Bring in your lightly used items and turn them into cash for CCHS! Read more…
The Caroline County Humane Society is a 501© 3 non-profit organization. All donations are tax-deductible.
A copy of our most recent financial report and registration may be obtained by contacting CCHS or the Office of the Secretary of State, State House, Annapolis, MD 21401.